Welcome to what I hope will be a great family history resource for our families! This website will help us learn more about our family history. Family lines that will be shared are Sackett, Ball, Stewart, Brunner, Carr, Kimball, Waddoups, Hansen, Iversen, Tippetts, Hodgson, Owens, Woodyatt, Paris, Landis, Beery, and so on and so forth.

We are so blessed to have so much information, and I really hope that this will be a place where we can really come to learn and love the ancestors that we share!

Let us hope that as we learn more about where we come from, we can continue to grow and decide who we will be each day. Let us truly come to love the people who came before us, and turn our hearts to our fathers.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Interesting Connections



So I am going through new.familysearch.org and am mostly looking up names and trying to get familiar with people and then googling and trying to find pictures, ect. Scott's mom side of the family are related to Kimballs. His grandma was a Kimball and they are decendencts of Heber C. Kimball through his wife Ann Alice Gheen from their son Daniel Heber Kimball.




 

Left: Heber C. Kimball     Center: Ann Alice Gheen     Right: Daniel Heber Kimball

In my search on google for Ann Alice, an article about Spencer W. Kimball came up from him describing Ann Alice (his grandmother).

Unlike Scott, I do not have a direct line from any member of the Quorum of the Twelve or a Prophet, but I do have an awesome Bishop who was the grandfather of Spencer W. Kimball, Edwin D. Woolley. When I found out that Scott was a decendent from Heber C. Kimball, one of my thoughts was "How cool! Our kids now have both grandparents of Spencer W. Kimball in their family lines."


Left: Edwin D. Woolley      Right: His wife Mary Wickersham (mother of Rachel Emma Woolley)

One of Edwin D. Woolley's daughters, Rachel Emma Woolley, is my 3rd great-grandma. I can't find a picture of her online right now, but I know there are some somewhere and I know we have a lot of information on her because she kept a journal that was published. (So more information about Rachel Emma Woolley coming in future posts!) One of his other daughters, Olive, married the brother of Daniel Heber Kimball, Andrew.



Andrew & Olive

Olive isn't from the same wife as Rachel, so it isn't a perfect triangle or anything, but I was just hit by this silly connection that my 3rd-great-grandma's sister married the brother of Scott's 3rd-great-grandpa. Our ancestors were in-laws. :) :) And their son was a Prophet, and had awesome lineage that my husband and I both come from. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment